I fully believe that the moment you choose to step out of your comfort zone you realize the story and narrative in your head is what is holding you back from living the life you want.
This moment of forward momentum, when your actions and values are in alignment, is what I consider full engagement living. It is the state of high performance where vision and dreams shift into reality – into the here and now.
As the managing director and founder of Matt Walker Adventures, I have more than twenty years of international mountain guiding experience with a Master’s in Organizational Development.
Other interesting facts about me. Before the age of 40, I …
• Led expeditions on every continent.
• Summited 5 of the 7 Summits.
• Published a book.
• Gave a TedX talk.
• Was the focus of a full length BBC documentary.
• Fled an erupting volcano on foot.
• Survived an open night out at 25,000 feet without a sleeping bag.
• Became a father to two children.
• Founded my company and lost my shirt in the financial collapse in the same year: 2008.
• Experienced the grief and heartache of divorce following a 14 year marriage.
• Cover of Yoga Journal and I don’t practice Yoga